Saturday, February 11, 2012

What Do I Paint? What Should I Create? WIll Anyone Like It?

This is a heavy subject for me to write. I, like so many other artists, are always struggling with what we should create. Is it in my best interest kind of thing. Should I create a piece that might not be marketable. Our society has given us so many lines not to cross. These lines are drawn in so many ways from different directions. We look at ourselves in the mirror and see what the media wants us to see. Im fat and ugly. I do not fit in. My art work is not going to  measure up to what standards the art world has put out there. This is so ridiculous. I am not a very intelligent man and I can only articulate myself a certain way. I speak from my heart and I do not give a shit what you think. I am who I am and I am a product of the likeness of perfection. My creator gave me a gift of life to do with it as I see fit. I have a freedom to feel the way I want to feel. No matter what chains are shackled on me I can feel the way I want to feel. I can imagine what I want to. I can smile, laugh and be happy whenever I feel. I can be positive and be a great person. I can be the light for anyone in despair. I can create my work to suite MY needs. IF anyone relates to it than it will be a plus. For all of you out there that are struggling with the lie, That you are not good enough and the world will not accept you.....wake up to your life today. To the gutter with everyone that thinks this way because that is where you belong. Be in love with yourself and all that you are. You ARE beautiful. All that you are is beautiful. Your gifts are yours. Do them. Bask in the sunshine of your life. It is your light. You were born happy. Be happy. Dont pray to God our Lord for happiness. Dont ask him to have pitty on you to give you the strength to be happy. What is funny is he gave all the tools we needed before we were born. We had that joy in us all along. Figure the shit out. He gave you Joy. You have it. Let it out. BE who you are. Ok. I know it is easier said than done. I am sitting here laughing because I remember when I would tell my mom the same thing. Yet my mom is my perfect example. Abused wife. The eldest of all her siblings. Immigrant. Yet she rose to the ocassion as so many other americans. She was positive above all of the challenges before her. She conquered her obstacles and tackled the most heart felt circumstances. She would turn to me and say: "Mijo! reach for the stars, they are right in front of you. reach out! Touch them! Dont make excuses. Life is short!" My mom is 74 and loves the marathon experience. She has been doing it over 20 years. Run walk jog crawl. She finishes it. She lost her son husband brother and over the past 15 or so years has lost many other younger siblings and still she is so positive. Wow . What a role model. She is an amazing woman. My best friend. The love of my life. Great example of joy manifested. So quit your bitching and moaning about your life. Suck it up! I am sure we all have that someone in our lives that is always running over the challenges in their lives we can look up to. Ask them yourselves what keeps them going. I am sure they will tell you their love of life and the joy they feel.

So. What should I paint. What ever the fuck you want to paint. Sorry for the profanity. But sometimes too much sugar in the morning coffee puts us to sleep. Sometimes you have to really taste the shit to affect you and wake you UP!. As always. I love each and everyone of you that read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment